The CyanogenMod which has lately been replaced by the new and official LineageOS, has always been one of the best custom ROMs for our devices and whenever a new version of this ROM was introduced, people wouldn’t hesitate installing it on their Android devices.
The reason that people mostly opted for a CyanogenMod ROM rather than any other, because it used to come up with some of the best features, like the CM13 was based on Android Marshmallow and the CM14 was based on Android Nougat. People loved these ROMs as they were contained with every new feature which you would want in any Android device.
So, if you want to revert to the CyanogenMod, then we can show you how to install CyanogenMod via TWRP Recovery and that too for free and without any issues or extra hard work. Please note that this guide is not just based for one Android model, but for every Android phone. All you need to do is follow these simple steps on any Android device which you use and you will be able to install the CM easily.
How to flash stock rom using twrp
Download GApps from this link.
If you have a specific CyanogenMod ROM, make sure to download it from any link which you want and follow the rest of the process from here.
HOW TO INSTALL CM VIA TWRP RECOVERY
- Firstly, download the Marshmallow GApps in your Android device’s internal storage.
- Now, make sure that you boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the TWRP menu, you will be presented with a set of options. Out of them, choose “Wipe” option and then do a “Swipe to factory Reset” in the TWRP Menu.
- Now, as you have downloaded the CyanogenMod.zip file, go to the TWRP menu again and click on “Install”. There, locate your CM file and select it.
- After you select the .zip file, do a “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to start with this process.
- This may take some time, but don’t worry anyway.
- After your ROM is flashed on your Android device successfully, you will see the option of “Wipe cache/dalvik” and just click on that, and swipe to wipe the cache of your device.
- Now, flash the Gapps.
- Once done, reboot your device from the main menu of TWRP section.
- Your device will begin functioning normally with a new ROM.
- This website doesn’t hold any responsibility of any damage done to your device if occurred during this process.
- This method will void the warranty of your device. Make sure you keep that in mind.
- This process will erase all the internal storage of your device. Be sure to keep a backup of your files.
- Ensure you at least have 50% charge before beginning with this process.
So, this was the whole process to install Cyanogenmod via TWRP recovery.You won’t really face any difficulty in this process, but if you do, make sure you ask us about this in the comment section and we will be glad to answer your queries.